Advanced Precision Etched Ceramic Substrates
TTM's state-of-the-art Advanced Precision Etched Ceramic Substrate ("APECS") technology provides precision ceramic substrate requirements without the expense of thin film ceramics.
Why TTM is a Trusted Supplier of Thick-Film Substrates
TTM's precision thick-film technology utilizes traditional thin-film technology; we can meet or exceed thin-film tolerances and at a more affordable price.
The APECS process lends itself to higher-frequency, higher-power density trends seen throughout today's RF and microwave applications. As frequencies increase, so does the importance of line-width and spacing tolerances along with keeping losses to a minimum. APECS offers both compared to competing technologies.
The APECS process combined with standard thick-film technology yields cost-effective, highly integrated multi-layer circuits. APECS substrates enable component integration (resistors, inductors, and capacitors) rather than applying discrete components using traditional component mounting.
A range of material choices is available with the APECS process, including:
- Ground plane metallization: Au, Pd/Au, Ag/Pd, Ag
- Photo-imaged and etched conductors and RF circuits: Au
- Dielectric and photo-imaged dielectric
- Mixed-metal multi-layer circuits
- Standard thick-film substrates: 96%, 99.5%, and 99.6% alumina, aluminum nitride and BeO, quartz and fused silica, and ferrites
TTM offers enormous design flexibility in terms of materials, circuit layout, embedded or non-embedded components, manufacturing techniques, and more.
- Sequentially applied layers of alternating conductor and dielectric to build up the multi-layer structure, affording you from one to eight conductor layers per side (single- or double-sided)
- Multiple sizes available starting at 0.020 x 0.020"
- Advanced laser machining capability for various shapes and cut-outs
- Wide resistance ranges from 0.2Ω to 50 GΩ
- Multiple termination materials, including Au, PdAu, Ag, PdAg
- Tin lead or Au plating available
- RF attenuators also available up to 18 GHz
- Integrated passives including resistors, capacitors, and inductors
- Available on alumina, aluminum nitride, BeO, ferrite, and more for a wide range of wire bonding, soldering, and brazing
- Choose edge wraps, metalized via fills, or both
Turnkey Thick Film Solutions
We provide turnkey thick film solutions up to 80 GHz employing a wide range of material choices, design options, processes, and manufacturing techniques. Our range of thick-film applications experience includes:
- Multi-layer circuit boards
- Multi-chip assemblies
- Patch antennas
- Spiral inductors
- Diode mounts
- Distribution boards
- Circuit boards with integrated passives